Wednesday 3 October 2012

Journal #1: Boozy Woozy Cupcake

Last week, a friend of mine asked me if I could bake cupcakes for her friend. When I asked her what kind of flavor she wanted, she said something flavored with "Bailey's" or any other alcoholic drink. In my head I was thinking, this is another creative idea that I must try! So without a doubt, I said Yes!

So yesterday, I went shopping to find "Bailey's." Too bad they're not sold at smaller bottles. So I wasn't able to buy it. I looked for an alternative and I found "Vodka Mudshake Cappuccino". 

I have never tried that drink before so I don't know how it would taste on my cupcakes/frosting.

I got home and I started baking with my sister, Candice. We thought about putting it in the batter and putting it in the frosting. 

I used my usual chocolate cupcake base and added about 3 tbsps of the mudshake. I tasted the batter and it was okay. So I started baking them, then cooled them. 

I was making the usual buttercream frosting instead of adding vanilla and milk I added the mudshake. It didn't work out as I thought. I didn't want to waste the mixture I made so I turned it into a filling. It tasted really good though but it was too liquidy and adding more sugar to stiffen it will make it too sweet! 

Pretty, pretty flower. Oops, I mean Cupcake!
It was unique and tasted great. It was like a mocha cupcake but with booze. 

The filling tasted a lot like coffee cream. I tried it with a cupcake and it tasted great! I topped it with a Dark Chocolate frosting and it is the bomb!

Look at it. I love the way it looks with the violet cupcake liner and the frosting design. 

It doesn't only look good, it also tastes good!

Try our cupcakes and maybe personalize yours! You won't regret it! (facebook: King's Crust)

No comments:

Post a Comment