Tuesday 11 September 2012

Food Explorer: Chicken Wings

I am not a fan of any other chicken part. I love chicken wings so much. Maybe it's because of my frustration dream of flying. I don't know. 

I dedicate this blog to one of my true food loves- it's you Chicken Wings!

Out of the wings experiences that I've had here are the restaurants with some astonishing recipe or style of cooking Chicken Wings.


1.  Shakey's Buffalo Wings

For me, pizza is not the only thing this restaurant is known for. Their Buffalo chicken wings are one of the best that I've tried. It really is something that I crave for most of the time. 

What I love about their chicken wings is the flavor. It's tangy and a bit spicy. One bite from it and you'll surely salivate. It's something you won't regret ordering. It's always better when the chicken is freshly cooked.

Whenever we eat at shakey's, I don't let my parents order without taking some of these wonderful chicken wings. I just can't get over it! I love eating them! 

The only problem is, for me, it's a bit too expensive. The Solo Pack (3pcs whole wings or 6 pcs cut up wings) is around PhP 190. They pay the customers back by high quality chicken wings. 

It's good to eat it on its own or with mojos n' dip. 

2. Manang's Chicken Wings
 
As the restaurant name says they specialize in Chicken delicacies. Well, mostly fried chicken in their "secret" sauce.

Their chicken wings are a bit crispy and flavorful. The sauce comes in 3 flavors: original, mild, and hot & spicy.

The original isn't so bad, it's a bit salty and sweet. The two flavors are actually perfectly balanced in their recipe. Making this one of the most craved food in my life. Mild is just a lighter version of hot and spicy. 

I don't usually like sweet tasting stuff. But this restaurant did something to me, maybe brain washed me or put "gayuma" in my first order of these amazing chicken wings. I keep coming back. Although there still is a satiation point when it comes to this, you can't eat from the restaurant after 3 meals in a week. You'll get sawa or tired from eating it. 

It also is a bit expensive. For PhP 135 you get 2 whole wings + rice + iced tea. I guess it's a good enough bargain.

3. Flaming Wings' Wing Meal

What I love about flaming wings is the variety of dips and sauces they have. You can totally choose what sauce and dip you like for your chicken wings. If I remember correctly the sauces are: Original, Mild and Sweet, Caribbean Jerk, Oriental, Wild, and Barbeque.  The dips are ranch, honey mustard, aioli, bleu cheese, wasabi mayo and I'm not sure if I forgot something.

My favorite combination is Mild and Sweet and Bleu Cheese. They just suit my taste buds perfectly. I love my chicken wings a bit spicy and tangy.

Like the Style in Manang's, flaming wings has deep fried crispy chicken wings. Experiment for yourself and try other variations of the sauces and dips. Who knows, you might get hooked too!

The wing meal is PhP 125, it comes with rice and drinks too. It is a tad cheaper than in manang's. I used to be crazy about their chicken wings but manang's definitely got my attention. 

Have you had a chicken wing experience lately? Tell me about it. Refer your favorite restaurant to me and I'll give it a try! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment