Tuesday 28 August 2012

Dreams of the Hopeful (Repost)

February 1, 2012
11:32AM
" Vision is non-negotiable for anyone who wants to succeed. It is the blueprint on the inside of a leader, before he ever sees the plan on the outside." 
- John Maxwell

Normal people (not saying that others are not normal) usually have dreams or visions of their life. People aspire for greater lives, happy families, success and many other things. People strive for purpose. For those hoping to find their purpose, dreams become the way of finding it, dreaming of things beyond imagination and possibilities. Like me, I don't know my purpose in life exactly. I dream of things that I know are quite improbable but I still dream of it. Hoping that one day, I'd achieve it.

John Maxwell's quote is inspiring. He emphasizes the power of vision to a leader and that every leader should have it. Success is the reward for people who are determined to achieve their visions. It's like saying that we can't do anything that we've not thought about. 

We need visions to find our direction in life. At times that you are confused, think about your dreams, aspirations and visions for your life. You'll see that what you want is all in your head. 

I dream of a better Philippines. Where the majority of the people don't experience hunger, they're educated and have better lives than before. I don't like poverty. I don't like the thought that other people are suffering while others are wasting money and opportunities away. I want children to have better lives. I don't want them on the streets begging. I don't want children dying of hunger or of an illness that can be cured. I don't like injustice. I hate the fact that people are corrupt and use money to make themselves look good while others suffer. I don't like criminals getting away for all the wrong they've brought upon others. I don't like our corrupt politics. I want our leaders to dream big for our country. We can do better than however we're doing right now. Filipinos are creative and innovative. We could make it out alive, not just alive but the best there is! I don't want our leaders wasting our money (I, too, am now a taxpayer) on some stupid thing. We should invest and improve everything in our country. Like roads, infrastructures, organizational structures, utilities etc. There are a lot of things we have not explored. We should just think. Even if it requires overhauling the democratic system, we should do it. It's for everyone's sake anyways. We should just learn to trust each other and be united. Being an archipelagic (is there such a word?) country is no excuse to be regionalistic and divided.Work together people! We can't achieve anything if we keep on fighting. This is our country we're talking about. If you want a better life, then you're also wanting the other Filipinos to have better lives.

I want Filipinos to have a choice. I want them to be able to explore opportunities and make the best of it. I want them to be able to experience life to the fullest. I want them to make their dreams for themselves and the country happen. 

I've thought about this dream for a long long long long long long time. I've wanted this since high school. I believe in the Filipinos. I'm just still wondering how this could be achieved...

We all want a better life, country and world. It all starts with a dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment